Join the Blue Water Team
Our Promise To You
Bluewater Concepts is made up of extremely hard working individuals who are passionate about what they do. We remain dedicated to our employees and strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance. Our goal is to cultivate a positive and supportive work environment on a daily basis while delivering top quality products and services to our clients.
Blue Water Concepts is looking at expanding our project management team with an experienced full-time Project Coordinator! We are a tight knit group, located in beautiful Squamish, BC who understands that there is more to life than just work, which is why we have all chosen the Sea to Sky to live, work and play.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our Project Managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be an organizational rockstar, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and/or at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
This position is ideal for the individual that thrives in a high paced environment, is looking for a long-term career option and seeks to progress their careers into a Project Management position. Blue Water Concepts is committed to supporting this individual through the growth of their career through guidance, mentorship, and educational support.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and reviewing staff hours ensuring all required entries are up to date prior to PM reviews.
- Monitoring project plans, project schedules, budgets, and expenditures as required to assist PMs with day-to-day responsibilities.
- Responsible for all start up procedures for each project (safety boxes, fencing, bins, toilets, Notice of Project, site signage, Call Before You Dig, etc.) prior to our field crews arriving on site.
- Responsible for all project closeout procedures for each project (creating final turnover package per SOP, assembling manuals, trade contacts lists, maintenance schedules etc.)
- Monitor and manage Blue Water’s team support email.
- Monitor and manage Blue Water’s customer service email with base level interaction with clients, delegate deficiency requests to other key Blue Water staff assigned to those specific projects.
- Support field staff with day-to-day tool requirements, maintenance, inventory etc.
- Manage before and after site photography for each project.
- Weekly site visits to take progress photos, upload and organize photos on our database for future reference.
- Creating and issuing schedules for field staff based on weekly scheduling meeting with PMs.
- Manage and create internal invoices for BWC rentals and shop supplies.
- Maintain BC Housing and Home Warranty registration and compliance.
- Assist with product procurement or returns as required by PMs.
- Maintain general shop organization and cleanliness. Ordering and managing shop. supplies as necessary. Creating and managing storage of project finishes in shop.
- Assisting PMs with documenting project changes as required.
- Assist with developing field SOPs as required by PMs and Upper management.
- Managing field Toolbox Talks and Safety Binders as required per project, ensure field staff are using required forms.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study is an asset but not required if candidate has comparable work experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in a related field.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of online construction software’s (CRM).
- Passive House & commercial build experience an asset.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and as part of a high paced environment.
- A calm, friendly, and presentable demeanor are a must.
- Available Monday through Friday 7:45 am to 4 pm.
- Must have a valid drivers license and personal vehicle.
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.