Join the Blue Water Team
Our Promise To You
Bluewater Concepts is made up of extremely hard working individuals who are passionate about what they do. We remain dedicated to our employees and strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance. Our goal is to cultivate a positive and supportive work environment on a daily basis while delivering top quality products and services to our clients.
We are a growing design-build residential construction company based out of Squamish and we are looking for a Lead Carpenter to join our team. We focus on large renovations, additions, new builds and high-end commercial TI’s and specialize in producing well designed buildings with an unwavering focus on quality and efficiency. We design our own structural and architectural drawings in house and handle everything from start to finish.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Carpenter role has experience framing, forming, and finishing. They are punctual, work well in a team but have adequate competencies to work on their own. They are motivated, have a positive attitude and are looking to forward themselves in the construction industry. There is lots of room to grow with Blue Water.
We are a tight knit team, and we understand that there is more to life than just work, which is why we have all chosen the Sea to Sky to live, work and play. When we are working, we are producing very detail-oriented, quality work, but when we are playing, we are most often enjoying the outdoors and all that it has to offer. We are flexible with time off, enjoy powder days on the hill, have a fully stocked beer fridge in the office/shop and have foosball, darts and a pool table for after work. As much as we are looking for skilled team members, we are also hiring based on a good team culture fit. Come work hard and play hard with our team!
• Red Seal Carpenter/ or equivalent experience
• Ability to manage a team of 2 to 6 while also being hands on
• 5+ years experience as a Lead Carpenter in a similar role
• 5+ years in Residential Construction – Foundations to Finishing
• Valid BC Class 5 Drivers Licence and vehicle
• Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
Deliverable 1 – Delivering projects on budget and on schedule:
1. Lead Carpenters problem solve on an ongoing basis. No two projects are the same, however, Lead Carpenters are expected to use past experience and current building standards to achieve a high-quality final product.
2. Lead Carpenters will be oriented with new projects by reviewing budget and schedule targets with our Lead Estimator and Project Manager.
3. Lead Carpenters are expected to attend a weekly Goal Setting and Review Meeting (GSR) to set weekly goals, review daily logs, bring up current issues and problem solve with the Project Manager.
4. Lead Carpenters are hired with the understanding that they have skills and experience to complete all carpentry related aspects of a given project from foundation to finish.
5. Come to site prepared and engaged to set and discuss daily goals to maximize efficiency and lead other team members.
6. Ensure tools and materials are ordered and readied in advance to enable projects to advance in the most efficient manner possible.
7. Work in a pre-determined and timely manner to ensure all team members are completing tasks within the allotted time frame.
8. Double check all work completed by your team to proactively prevent deficiencies.
9. Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays and report any issues to the Site Foreman and/or Project Manager.
10. Oversee and ensure all materials and tools are properly used, maintained, and stored to prevent unnecessary waste and damage.
11. Maintain regular daily communication and contact with the Site Foreman and/or Project Manager to ensure that all project progress is on track.
12. Actively lead by example to ensure team members are following Blue Water Company safety policies and that worksite behavior is representational of company values and
13. Ensure that job sites are left in a clean and organized manner on a daily basis.
Deliverable 2 – Customer Service:
1. Refer all customer questions related to changes to project timelines, work scope, design, and/or Change Orders to the Project Manager.
2. Provide the Project Manager with daily updates regarding any customer interactions.
3. Communicate with all customers and subcontractors in a professional and polite manner. Report any issues to be addressed by the Project Manager.
Deliverable 3 – Administrative Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update accurate job-related data in CRM Database.
2. Maintain and update daily Job Logs in the CRM Database in order to track “extras”, delays safety reporting etc.
3. Accurately complete all expense forms – travel mileage and job related (if applicable). Submissions are due weekly to the office administrator.
4. Submit all copies of purchase orders, receipts, and quotes from suppliers in a timely manner to appropriate office staff. All paperwork must have the correct PO # prior to being submitted.
- Dependent upon experience. ($35-45/hr)
- Employee Health Benefits Package
- Staff Functions and Team Building Events
- Blue Water is dedicated to furthering education and contributing to the interests of our
- Unlimited cold refreshments after work