Join the Blue Water Team
Our Promise To You
Bluewater Concepts is made up of extremely hard working individuals who are passionate about what they do. We remain dedicated to our employees and strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance. Our goal is to cultivate a positive and supportive work environment on a daily basis while delivering top quality products and services to our clients.
As a Junior Estimator, your main focus will be assisting in the preparation of detailed material and labour estimates using the quantity surveying method at various design and construction stages for a wide range of residential and commercial projects. You will be working alongside our Senior Estimator. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Quantity take-offs and cost estimates for upcoming bid projects and current projects.
- Assistance as needed in the tendering processes.
- Soliciting subcontractors, suppliers and specified manufacturers with RFQ’s and RFI’S.
- Review of project specifications and drawings for upcoming projects and develop a winning strategy during tender.
- Distributing and maintaining control of bid documents and attending the site visits.
- Assisting in the presentation of the estimate/proposal when required.
- Setup and preparation of prequalification proposals.
- Experience taking ownership and leading in the preparation of an estimate / proposal
including identifying risk and opportunities, and maintaining a win strategy.
- Help monitor and forecast project costs throughout the project & Job costing reporting.
- Ability to work closely with a design team to create budget estimates based on basic conceptual designs utilizing allowances as provided from our in-house database for preliminary budgets.
Qualifications for Junior Estimator
- Excellent communication skills with command of both written and spoken English language
- Minimum of two year’s experience in residential construction.
- Minimum of two year’s experience in residential estimating.
- Experience with Plan Swift an Asset.
- Experience in project coordination / project management.
- Intermediate to advanced practical experience with Excel.
- Experience with other estimating software is an asset as is a degree/certificate from BCIT (or equivalent) in the construction/estimating field.
- Understanding of basic building science and “House as a System”.
- Solid knowledge of construction sequencing and construction assemblies.
- Solid/accurate knowledge of current construction market pricing levels.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings, specifications, engineering documents etc.
- Be an assertive team player that can meet deadlines.
- Built Green or Passive House experience an asset.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and subtrades.
- Familiarity with the Quantity Surveying technique an asset.
In addition, the successful applicant should exhibit leadership qualities, be a confident team player, have the ability to multi-task, juggle multiple timelines and be able to deal with team members and clients in a professional manner. Good working knowledge of current CRM’s (Co-Construct is what we use) technologies and strong Microsoft Office skills are a definite asset as is the ability to troubleshoot and to develop systems and procedures.
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.